Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Fantasy Team

A little back ground information first. I am in the 2nd year of a 3 year ESPN keepers league. 12 teams, 5 x 5 and we keep 5 players from the previous year (I kept Pujols, Soriano, Dye, Webb and Smoltz). I feel VERY optimistic about my team, I got a lot of the players I wanted going into my draft and it should be a great season. As much as I'm optimistic, you just never know. It's never the time to rest on your ability to improve the team. Reflect and enjoy the site of your roster AFTER you've won. Below is a quick personal critique of my lineup:

(note: All references to Draft Round includes the first 5 rounds reserved for our 5 keeper picks.)

C Ivan Rodriguez-(drafted round 15, last C left I thought could do 70 runs,70 rbis)
1B Albert Pujols-(knock on wood, hopes everything goes well)
2B Orlando Hudson-(after 5 years of mlb exp., really starting to come into his own)
3B Alex Gordon-(see my blog for 'Potential Game Breaker Rookies')
SS Bobby Crosby-(sigh, I'm going to need SS)
OF Alfonso Soriano-(will steal less this year, but in a great lineup)
OF Jermaine Dye-(hold up on me please father time, but playing for one more payday)
OF Gary Sheffield-(Shef strikes me as a vengeful guy)
OF Nick Markakis-(hopefully he stays on the right uptrend track)
OF Jose Guillen-(drafted round 25, I think I got great value here)
2B/SS Jose Vidro-(probably the worst hitter in mlb hitting 3rd, but I'll take it)
1B/3B Melvin Mora-(going to need a corner hitter too)
UTIL Milton Bradley-(if Bradley can keep it together and put it together, 25hrs/25sbs)

P Francisco Cordero-(lets hope he doesn't start off like last year)
P Tom Gordon-(not the top notch closers I wanted, but I couldn't pass up some guys at my draft spots)
P Bob Wickman-(one more season.. please)
P Brandon Webb-(lets build on last year!)
P Curt Schilling-(playing for a contract, but I don't think he needs that motivation)
P John Smoltz-(going through some personal issues, will use the field as his focus)
P Rich Harden-(if he stays healthy, going to give Johan a run for his money)
P Daisuke Matsuzaka-(got enough horses, that a Dic-k flop wouldn't hurt that much)
P Adam Wainwright-(love his stuff, hope he can make the transition to season long starter)

Bench Dave Roberts-(love him in a lineup with Barry Bonds)
Bench Troy Tulowitzki-(come on colorado air!)
Bench Sammy Sosa-(each drop if he sucks, but I think he's too prideful to have come back if he really couldn't do it any more)

All and all, I really do like my team. Alot of hitters I like, great staff. Alittle weak in the infield and closer situations but I'll manage and keep my eyes open for help (hint hint to everyone out there). LETS HAVE A GREAT 2007!

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home